Someone please pinch me! Last year I attended the Northwest Flower & Garden Show (I wrote a post about it here) for the first time ever and had no idea at the time that this year I would be working for the Arboretum Foundation and be responsible for organizing the Opening Night Party that kicks off this amazing four-day event!
The Northwest Flower & Garden Show returns next week, and the Arboretum Foundation will kick off the show with its annual Opening Night Preview Gala. On Tuesday, February 7, guests will enjoy a fabulous evening of delicious food, fine wines, live music by the lovely Jacqueline Tabor, fabulous silent auctions, and the opportunity to view the beautiful display gardens at the Flower Show – the day before it opens to the public!
This year, the Foundation is collaborating with the Seattle Audubon Society on its Flower Show display garden, “Birdsong,” which will celebrate the diverse bird habitat found in the Washington Park Arboretum.
GENERAL ADMISSION—$75 Arboretum Foundation & Seattle Audubon Members; $100 Non-Members
- 6:30 to 7:30 PM: Hosted wine reception, live entertainment, silent auctions in the South Lobby
- 7:30 to 9:30 PM: Garden viewing, desserts, hosted wine, and entertainment
Dinner is not included as part of the general admission ticket benefits. General admission guests are encouraged to dine before they come to the event—but they’re also encouraged to save room for some delectable desserts and wines!
PATRONS & BENEFACTORS—$250 Patrons; $500 Benefactors
- 5:00 to 6:00 PM: Wine reception, hors d’oeuvres, live entertainment, and silent auctions in the South Lobby
- 6:00 to 6:30 PM: “Highlights of the 2012 Show”—An interview with the Flower & Garden Show judges, by Val Easton
- 6:30 to 7:30 PM: Exclusive garden preview and buffet dinner
- 7:30 to 9:30 PM: Continued garden viewing, auction bidding, and entertainment
Among other benefits, Patron and Benefactor-level guests will enjoy a buffet dinner and an exclusive preview of the display gardens before the main exhibit hall is opened to all guests as well as free parking at the event.
For reservations, please call 206-325-4510 or visit www.arboretumfoundation.org.
I am so excited to share this event with you! It is going to be a wonderful evening and I hope to see you there! 🙂
Opening Night is presented by the Arboretum Foundation as a benefit for Washington Park Arboretum.