Do you like to know where your food comes from?
This Saturday, August 11th, Whole Foods Market across the region will be hosting its annual ‘Meet the Makers’ event where the public will be able to get a bit closer to the local producers who provide products grown, raised, harvested, produced or finished within the state of Washington.
From noon to 4pm, at the Interbay, Bellevue and Lynnwood store locations, you will have an opportunity to meet and sample treats from vendors, such as Fran’s Chocolates, Mt. Townsend Creamery, Mighty-O Donuts, Theo Chocolate, Whidbey Island Ice Cream, CB’s Nuts & Mirracole Morsels and more!
In addition, each store location will be hosting their own set of family-friendly activities, prize giveaways and entertainment.
Just to give you an idea of what will be offered at each store:
- Cooking demo and book signing by Chef Kim O’Donnel from 1-2:30pm
- Saturday Grill featuring $6 plates of hamburgers or hot dogs, chips and a drink (using Country Natural Beef)
- Kids activity tent with face painting, arts and crafts, and a coloring table
- Passport Promotion where shoppers can collect stamps as you visit the vendor tables for a chance to win a cool swag!
- Music and games!
- Chance to win prizes of hats and totes – The first 50 customers to join the event will receive a free tote bag
- A kids coloring contest
- Passport Promotion where shoppers can collect stamps at the vendor tables for a chance to win a gift basket
- First 50 guests receive a complimentary reusable bag
- Enter to win a Meet the Makers gift basket by collecting vendor stamps on their store Passport card
- Free kids crafts
- Featured King County Library System Mobile Cookbook Library will be there to help you check out books and sign up for a library membership
Hope to see you there!