Come party down with me (I will be there, and live, guest tweeting from 9 – 10 pm!) at this special evening of performances, talks, dancing and more. The last one of the summer!
Celebrate summer among the installations Encontro das Águas (Encounter of Waters) by Sandra Cinto and Sarah Bergmann’s Portal to the Pollinator Pathway as well as SAM’s Olympic Sculpture Park collection.
Activities will include:
- Show Brazil! brings the music and dance of Brazilian carnival to Seattle from 8:15–8:45 pm
- Seattle indie rockers BOAT tell stories of dinosaurs, real-life, punctuation and the ferocious sounds of lobsters at 9:15 pm
- Dance under the stars to the soulful beats of DJ Riz from 8–11:30 pm
- Create seed bombs to launch at home and grow into Washington wildflowers with Seattle artist Jeanne Dodds
- An outdoor screening of Jaws at 9:30 pm overlooking the waterfront
- TigerBeat remixes everything from pop to local favorites in the PACCAR Pavilion from 8–11:45 pm
- Sunset sketching with Seattle artist Julie Alpert
- “Remix Your View” photography activity with The Unearth Collective
- Design a Sea Adventure Hat with artist Romson Bustillo
- My Favorite Things: Highly Opinionated Tours—The Park After Dark, led by curator and gallerist Bryan Ohno, artist Fox Spears, Rachael Faust of the Henry Art Gallery, poet and writer Storme Webber and more!
Price: SAM Members are $12, Adults, $25 and Students $20. AND the first 50 people dressed in aqua get in free!
Tickets for SAM Remix can be purchased online here, at the Ticketing Desk at any of SAM’s three sites, or over the phone with a credit card by calling the SAM Box Office at 206.654.3121.
Remix happens rain or shine.
And for all you Twitter lovers out there, be sure to follow @iheartSAM the night of the event. I (@Seattle_Events), and our other fabulous guest tweeters – Alison (@alisonCsays), Jess (@jessestrada) and Carissa (@carissang) – will be using the hash tag #SAMRemix to send you up-to-the-minute reports and photos with all the cool stuff to see and do!
I hope to see you there!