Next week is a busy birthday week for me. Not only will be celebrating my husband’s and son’s special days, but I will be a part of a most momentous birthday. A 100th birthday!
Beloved Arboretum Foundation member, plant advocate, and horticultural expert Nancy Davidson Short will be celebrating her 100th birthday. The Northwest editor of Sunset magazine for three decades, Nancy is a legend in regional gardening circles. She’s also a longtime supporter of the Arboretum and its education programs.
Please join me on Friday, September 7th from 5:30 – 8 pm at the Graham Visitors Center in the Arboretum as we honor Nancy and support one of her great loves, the Washington Park Arboretum. Experience wine, dessert, appetizers, live entertainment, and more as we celebrate 100 years of “life, love, laughter and gardening with Nancy”.
The event lineup is awesome and since this is a fundraiser for the Foundation you can feel good about joining in the fun! Ticket prices start at a donation of $100 and proceeds will help fund essential programs such as Children’s Education, Arborist and Tree Care, and maintenance of the Pacific Connections Garden.
Here are some of the fun highlights of the event you can enjoy next Friday in the beautiful setting of the Arboretum:
- Wines from Chateau Ste Michelle;
- Northwest appetizers by Cameron Catering;
- Taylor Shellfish oyster bar—fresh oysters on the half shell courtesy of one of our premiere local shellfish growers;
- Cake and ice cream provided by local sensation, Hot Cakes! Ice cream topped, molten chocolate cake in a mason jar, featuring Theo Chocolate.
- Live music by the Laughing Rose Duo;
- Sunset fire performance by Jonathan of Celsius;
- Photo booth—help create a special message book keepsake for Nancy and her family;
- Special champagne toast to Nancy by famed plantsman and author Dan Hinkley.
Hope to see you there!