I shared some ideas with you earlier this week on how to decorate for Valentine’s Day, but what about gifts for that special someone in your life? Your Whole Foods Market is ready to help you with that!
Of course, flowers are always welcome! And roses are a no-brainer.
Red roses are the go-to classic on Valentine’s day. But, last year 29 percent of shoppers chose to purchase hues. To fit every relationship, Whole Foods Market has Whole Trade® roses so you can give a gift that gives back in multiple ways by showing growers, farm workers and the environment you care.
Here are just a few Whole Trade shades to consider:
· Red – romantic love
· Yellow – friendship or congratulations
· White – “I miss you” (also truth and purity)
· Peach – “Thank you”
· Purple – love at first sight
· Yellow with red tips – friendship turning into love
If you are really trying to impress your Valentine, why not make a special meal for them at home? This allows you to save a bit of cash and enjoy a more intimate setting than you can get in any restaurant.
Here are some recipes for a romantic spread, from appetizers to dessert (chocolate, what else!), that will have your loved ones swooning!:
· Appetizer: Fruit and cheese is a perfect way to set a romantic tone. Try this pairing of Prosciutto, Brie and Apricot Roll-Ups to start the evening off right!
· Salad: Roasted Parsnips and Sweet Potato Salad. Not only does this add a nice pop of color to your Valentine’s Day spread, but the honey-pecan drizzle and roasted vegetables makes it a great dish for the winter.
· Main Course: Pork is my favorite, and this Roasted Pimenton-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin will make for a truly special main dish to impress!
· Vegetarian Option: This Spinach Fettuccine with Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes is a great main dish alternative for a vegetarian menu. Although, it’s a quick, easy and delicious dish to create so it’s safe to say more than just the vegetarians will want to try this!
· Dessert: Last but certainly not least, dessert is probably the most important meal when it comes to Valentine’s Day! And, this Flourless Chocolate Cake will do just the trick to end a perfect evening.
You can find more Valentine’s Day recipe ideas here on Whole Foods Market website: https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/blog/whole-story/valentines-day-kitchen.
What is your favorite romantic gift to give or receive?
All photos courtesy of Whole Foods Market.